âœ HOW TO CONSTRUCTIVELY USE THE VENUS RETROGRADE PERIODâœ
- The 2004 Gemini transit was surprisingly favorable for relationships in general but a friend with Venus in Gemini in the 12th felt unloved and unappreciated…until Venus turned direct. An advertisement that I bought at the time was a relative loss and, though over-extending my self with too much relating with others, I was exhausted and contracted the Epstein-Barr Virus.
- On the day that Venus turned retrograde in Scorpio, I was able to tell a woman, who had greatly angered me in the past, why I was angry with her – that she was always using me and taking advantage of me. It was different from what she expected and she seemed relieved.
- In Scorpio, I observed a friend being very unkind to an elderly family member. I also observed that she has no patience with people who are ill. While Venus was in Scorpio, I was shocked but I said nothing. Later I knew that this is a great friend whom I care about dearly…but I will just not go to her when I am ill!
- When Venus was in Scorpio, I felt resentful of needy, overly sweet and manipulative people.
- When Venus was Retrograde in Capricorn, I was out of control with eating and my self-esteem was non-existent! A man became very angry when I did not teach astrology classes as I had intended. He took it upon himself to call local astrologers and attack my reputation. While this was disturbing, I became aware of people who did not defend me when he attacked me. I learned who I could trust.
- With regard to financial issues, a store credited 40Â¢ to my account when I actually paid $40. It took months to straighten this out.
- In Virgo into Leo, I was depressed a lot, feeling alone and isolated and feeling sorry for myself for the most part as Venus retrograded back into my 12th House. Health problems became a major issue for a lot of people. With Venus in Leo, we were very aware that our needs were not being met.
- In Aries, it was entirely different! I attended a conference in Serbia. I met some wonderful people who urged me to get on an E-List and this changed my life. I later learned that many people did not size up my personality correctly. As a 12th House person in the midst of outgoing people, I came across as shy and not very knowledgeable. In later meetings, they were amazed that I was not this way at all. I have subsequently become very good friends with many of the people I met in Belgrad.
*Overall, many people contacted me who I had not seen for a long time. Over and over again with each Venus Retrograde, people re-connected from my past!
- In 2007, I had my Greatest Astrological Picnic with Venus Retrograde. As advertised, many people from my past attended and a lot of shy people came because they felt that it would be a special day for shy people. Everyone commented that this was the best picnic ever. People really helped with the clean-up which has not always happened.
- In late December 2013 through January 2014, I reconnected with people from my elementary school. Since so many of my friends have died or moved away, reconnecting with people from my past has been very helpful. Venus was in Capricorn at the time.
Sometimes we do experience relationship difficulties and stresses but, if it is a good relationship, the differences will not affect the quality of association. It is important to realize that, in a relationship, the problems that you experience in the beginning of the union will always be there and only get worse in time. These are the basic differences between you and the other person. You should make an evaluation at the time of Venus retrograde to determine if you can tolerate and understand these differences. I have been through many Venus Retrograde cycles and the good relationships are still with me.
While we can readily distinguish the problems in a current relationship, this will not be true of a relationship formed while Venus is retrograde. Because the retrograde motion alters our perspective, we are unable to see the obvious and we can too easily misread the signals. Before eloping or making wedding plans, wait until Venus turns direct to get a balanced perspective. This Venus does not imply deception but rather a distorted perspective and attitude. Faulty presumptions can be easily made. For example, if you meet someone at the tennis court, it does not necessarily mean that the person likes tennis. Maybe that person was simply there to pick up a friend! These presumptions can cause erroneous evaluations and eventual disappointment when we discover that the person of our dreams is not what we thought at all!
In August-September 2015, I felt that another period was disappointed in me. This made me despondent but all was fine after it turned Direct.
Years ago when I first studied astrology, I warned my parents about spending excessively on an antiquing trip when Venus was retrograde. To my surprise, they came back with the best bargains! They discovered many valuable antiques with very low prices because the seller did not know their value. Purchasing real estate is not always a problem with Venus retrograde. If you know that the property is a bargain, you can make an excellent deal. Discrimination is essential. Do not be motivated by a flashy appearance.
According to Delphine Jay, who has lectured extensively on retrogrades, she finds that Venus retrograde is a favorable time for re-negotiating a financial situation such as a contract or bank loan. It can be helpful in resolving a long-standing legal matter. When Venus is station (around the retrograde/direct dates), it is a good time to change lawyers.
Mary Shea states that this is a time to reflect on the inner value of your experiences rather than outer display. Material rewards may be delayed and material or possessions that you expect to acquire may not manifest. A luxury item purchased may not please you in the long run. Relationships started now will be associated with inhibitions – clandestine or possibly more spiritual.
Something may be withheld and, if so, someone will be disappointed. Existing relationships may be up for review. Outer assurances and displays of love and affection are not readily evident. Old friends and lost loves may be contacted for a second look.
My friend and fellow astrologer, Pat Geisler, says:
While the favorable transits from Venus retrograde offer an opportunity to benefit from this transit, the afflictions cause us the most difficulty, especially in relationships. The planets involved describe some of these problems.
This is a general description of Venus afflicting a natal planet:
Sun: A time of general poor cooperation and hurt feelings. You feel that you do not get the recognition that you deserve. Pride issues can present problems.
Moon: A time of overly sensitive moods and hurt feelings. It someone gets upset with you, back off and allow the mood to pass. The person is over-reacting and irrational. There is nothing that you can really do. Attempts to appease will only make matters worse.
Mercury: A time of sensitivity through disagreement and not seeing eye-to-eye. Hurt feelings with something said. Watch communications on this date.
Venus: A general time of poor cooperation, feeling unloved and unappreciated. The sign that Venus is not transiting will block the sign needs shown by the natal Venus sign position.
Mars: Anger and jealousy can cause relating problems. Someone met at this time will have an unsettling affect upon your life. Hormones rule over reason. Love-hate situation in relating.
Jupiter: This aspect will cause phoniness and role playing in a relationship. If the person seems too nice or if the opportunity seems too good to be true, know that it is an unrealistic situation.
Saturn: Responsibilities and the demands of others will make you feel unloved and unappreciated. Learn to say NO!
Uranus: Unpredictability and erratic behavior in a relationship or an attraction to an unpredictable person is indicated. A very unstable time in both relationships and finances. Emotional upsets, financial problems, rebellious spending.
Neptune: A time of deception and misreading signals. You may be dealing with an ambivalent person. Your own passivity can get you into trouble now. Disappointment in relating.
Pluto: Relating can be intense, controlling and manipulative. Overwhelming behavior can be a signal of attention needs. Back away from any relationship that seems karmic!
Transpluto: Criticism by a perfectionist person will cause a separation and alienation.
Ascendant: Your sense of self-worth, self-esteem and sense of lovability are not good now. You can start to feel sorry for yourself and feel disappointed in others who may not meet your needs…at least, in the manner that you anticipate.