THE LONG VIEW OF JUPITER-SATURN CONJUNCTION IN AQUARIUS:
- A new social, cultural and spiritual cycle
- The Times are A-Changing
- Shift in Ideals and Values
- DECEMBER 21, 2020 – Jupiter-Saturn at 0 Aquarius is a new beginning but the beginning is not immediately clear until Saturn enters 1 degree onward. At 15 degrees, it is the most clear
- The Pandemic we are experiencing with the Capricorn Stellium will create a shift in our consciousness and our behavior. This new Shift will be in tune with Aquarius
Recent Jupiter Saturn Cycles
|February 1941||Taurus||9 degrees|
|February 1961||Capricorn||24 degrees|
|November 1980||Libra||5-7 degrees|
|June 2000||Taurus||24-24 degrees|
|December 2020||Aquarius||0 degrees|
CAPRICORN STELLIUM and SATURN ENTERING AQUARIUS:
I am not an expert on Mundane or Financial astrology but last year I predicted a major down turn in the market when Mars entered Capricorn in February. Some predictions are just easy to make.
My good astrologer friend, Ema Kurent, an expert on eclipses, added that it would not really begin until Mars crossed 4 Capricorn, the degree of the Solar Eclipse on December 25-26, 2019. She was correct.
Saturn entering a new sign always shows a shift in consciousness. I remember years ago when Saturn left Leo for Virgo — to the day, Paris Hilton went from being in the news every day to never being mentioned ever again.
From Capricorn to Aquarius, there was a shift in world governments after the 1989 Capricorn Stellium.
Actually, the Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction portends a great shift in the affected governments.
- In the cycle of 1961, the election of a very young president, John Kennedy, brought a great cultural shift – a Catholic president was very controversial and he aroused the enthusiasm of young people all over the world.
- In the cycle of 1981, the marriage of Charles to Diana brought a major, far-reaching shift in the monarchy of Great Britain. This conjunction occurred in Libra so there was a theme of changing relationships – personal and global. We got a Polish Pope, an actor President, and a very modern Russian president in Gorbachov who set the stage for the changes that culminated in 1989.
- In the cycle 2000, this conjunction returned to an Earth sign, forming a Grand Earth Cross that impacted the presidency. Within a year, 9/11 changed everything, especially regarding travel, security and even the airline industry. In an Earth sign, there are physical manifestations – a destructive earthquake in Turkey and the increase of terrorism, leading us into an unending war in the Middle East. There was even a Dengue Fever that plagued Central America.
- In the cycle of 2020, the alignment occurs at 0 Aquarius – a new beginning in new social consciousness. The Zero Degree is inchoate – not developed. The awareness of the new consciousness commences at 1 degree, but becomes more potent at 15 degrees.
While the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction at 0 Aquarius does not occur until the end of December 2020 (a great societal shift in consciousness), we can see the global shift in the making already — with the Pandemic changing life as we know it.
If you look at the Astro-Carto-Graphy for that eclipse on December 25-26, 2019, using all four angles, you will see eclipse lines going through NY but mostly in China.
With Saturn currently at 29 degrees and, again, later in the summer, this is NOT a time to make a commitment — wait until Saturn enters Aquarius, preferably at 1 degree rather than 0. This is an Ending Cycle at 29 degrees.
The 29th degree is also referred to as the End-Of-Your-Rope Degree – when people feel desperate and at the end of their rope, so to speak. People act out of desperation when the slow-moving planets are at the late degrees of a sign. It is like an abscess that builds and builds and then pops when the planet changes signs.
Caroline Myss once said that, when there is an epidemic that impacts the health of humanity, there is a sickness in society:
- WWI brought the Spanish Flu that killed millions.
- During the Great Depression and WWII, we had polio. In the 1950s, when the post-war economy was optimistic, a cure was discovered.
- In the 1980s, with the delusions about the economy, small farms were going out of business and the sweeping deregulations generated problems that we are confronting with Pluto in Capricorn. At this time, AIDS manifested, affecting first the gay community but then moving into the straight community.
- In 2020, with the rise of Global Ultra Conservatism that punishes everyone but the rich and augments the rise of White Supremacy, the KKK and the global Neo-Nazi movement — now we have a pandemic. Until we heal what is ailing in our societies, the epidemic will continue.
This current Jupiter-Saturn conjunction with have an impact upon the upcoming election and the inauguration charts.
The Inauguration chart is always set for the same date and time. Four planets in Aquarius are placed in the 10th House, indicating the course of the presidency. It does not say WHO will be president but it indicates how the presidency will run – here, Aquarius dominates.
NOTE: There was an exception during Obama’s 2009 Inauguration. He did not say the Oath correctly on January 20 and he had to do this again at 7:30pm on January 21. Of course, Mercury was Retrograde then.
The bad news for the 2021 Inauguration chart is that the Moon is intercepted and VOC. Mars-Uranus in Taurus in the 12th House can denote enemies working behind the scenes, creating obstacles and poor cooperation for the president. Venus, regardless of being in the sign of Capricorn, is always strong in an Earth sign and it is well aspected, as ruler of the Ascendant. This indicates strength in international relationships.
THE GREAT PLUTO IN CAPRICORN TRANSIT MEETS THE AQUARIAN SHIFT
Historically, if we look at the last Pluto in Capricorn Cycle, the reign of Catherine the Great brought Russia into political dominance in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. While she initially wanted to initiate progressive reforms while Pluto was in Sagittarius, as her reign commenced in 1762, she lapsed into rigid conservatism and control over the people as a result of her fears regarding the Peasant Uprising and the French Revolution. The rigidity and oppression of Capricorn can ultimately lead to a revolution.
In the United States, the oppression of King George upon the colonies stimulated the revolutionary war during the end of Pluto in Capricorn in 1778. However, in other parts of the world, at that time, because Pluto in Capricorn and Uranus in Taurus formed a harmonious 120° aspect, the true global revolutions did not come until Uranus entered Gemini in April 1775. In the current cycle, Uranus and Pluto never reach a trine aspect.
Historically, since its discovery, Uranus in Gemini portends a great battle for the principles of democracy – the American and French Revolutions, the American Civil War and WWII. Uranus will begin its next 7-year transit of Gemini in 2026.
So, we see a pattern that is manifesting today – Pluto in Capricorn brings the rise of totalitarian governments and the control of Big Business, oppression of the poor and middle classes and, in the Aquarius Cycle, rebellion against the oppression.
The United States will experience its first Pluto Return in 2022-23. Astrologer, Sandy Walker, has stated that, arising from the Constitutional Crisis of the Capricorn Cycle, we will need to shore up the loop holes in our Constitution – loop holes that have allowed our leaders to ignore and circumvent our constitutional laws.
THE TRANSITING PLUTO IN CAPRICORN SQUARE TRANSITING ERIS IN ARIES:
In 2010, I conducted research by using the transit of Uranus in Aries over natal Eris. I believe in empirical research and personal observation rather than relying totally upon the myth connected with the planet.
Richard Tarnas (Psyche & Cosmos) states that the myths for the planets stop working effectively after Saturn (and Chiron). I totally agree with his statement.
After I make my observations and determine a theme, only then do I look at the myth to see what parts of the myth can apply to the Object. Yes, some work very well, such as Chiron. But, as an astrologer and not a philosopher or mythologist, I prefer empirical observation.
Our Consciousness needs to resonate to the energies of the new Object. When an Object is discovered, it is because enough of people on the planet are now and have been resonating to the new energies that the Object brings in.
THE NEW OBJECTS BEING DISCOVERED SINCE PLUTO: OBJECTS OF TRANSFORMATION
Planets or Objects that take 4+ years to complete an aspect to a natal planet are Objects of Transformation.
The Classifications are:
1) Lights – Sun & Moon
2) Personal – Mercury-Venus-Mars
3) Social – Jupiter & Saturn
4) Transpersonal – Uranus-Neptune-Pluto (Transpersonal can only be the higher octave of Personal Planets)
5) Transformational Objects – Transpluto & Eris & many of the newly discovered slow-moving Centaurs.
In 2010, my research was based upon the transit of Uranus over Eris in the natal chart. This is what I observed at that time –
My observation is that all of these Objects, regardless of size, represent a Process of Change in our lives. It is the long-term transits of these remote objects that trigger the process of change.
Even with the 4th Harmonic aspects (conjunction-square-opposition), Eris acts as a benefic only if you are willing to grow and learn and integrate the lessons acquired. If you cannot go with the new flow, it is not very friendly in our lives.
Where I have observed health issues under Eris, it is because the individual fears the needed changes, becomes blocked and cannot integrate the New into the life or respond constructively to external crises.
It may be, because Eris entered the challenging and pioneering sign of Aries in February 1926, that this planet works in a manner by which we are confronted with that which is totally new. These new experiences eventually become integrated into our consciousness and we are no longer the same — some component of our personality (and even society in general) becomes morphed over a period of time.
The transits involve a process of adapting to challenges in our lives. Eris only has negative ramifications when we cannot compromise or adapt to the new.
On October 1, 2010, I read a post from Mark Holmes regarding Eris. He was the host of Centaurs2@yahoogroups.com While his wording is different from my own, it fits extremely well with my interpretation of Eris.
Mark stated: “Eris requires understanding, adaptation and compromise to avoid clashes of ego.”
I responded: I have observed this planet is fundamentally positive but only recently I have seen its involvement with health issues. In 2012, the passing of a fellow astrologer who could no longer see a light at the end of her tunnel – Solar Arc Eris crossed her Ascendant, triggering her death. This is rare.
When people are too afraid to adapt, when they are too rigid to understand or they are unwilling to make a compromise in their life, they can become ill.
Another example of a friend whose Eris opposes his Mercury: “I get upset when confronted with very new ideas and I am forced to change or re-examine my opinions.”
I have also observed that interests begun in one cycle will return and become integrated into your consciousness in a future cycle. It facilitates new qualities and attributes that flower into a manifestation of our true inner nature.
In conclusion, the well-known Jungian astrologer, Alice Howell, said that, whenever society becomes irreconcilably polarized, this means that a New Era is about to begin. Paradigm Shifts and New Eras do not happen easily or often. Usually, humanity coming together takes a global crisis.
On April 6, 202, Ray Merriman wrote a long article for ISAR and this is a part of his article that rings in accord with Alice Howell:
The concept of a “new era for humanity” is now being realized by those outside of our discipline. In Saturday’s Wall Street Journal, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger wrote a column titled “The Coronavirus Pandemic Will Forever Alter the World Order.” In it, he writes: “The U.S. must protect its citizens while starting the urgent work of planning for a new epoch.” But of course, it’s not just the United States that must prepare for a new epoch. Still, Mr. Kissinger gets it. He gets what astrologers knew long before 2020 arrived.
Remember, until we heal what is ailing in our society, the epidemic will continue.