By Zane Stein
The triple conjunction period in 2009 has a number of interesting dates, although I would extend it into July. Interestingly, while there will be exact conjunctions of Jupiter with Chiron, and Jupiter with Neptune, Chiron and Neptune will never be exactly conjunct that whole period. While they will get within 15 minutes of exact during the triple conjunction, Chiron and Neptune do not form an exact conjunction until the following year at 26 Aquarius 15 (Feb 17, 2010).
Here is a list of some of the most significant events during the May 21-July 22, 2009 period, as I see them (all dates are based on U.T., so may be a day before or after, in different parts of the world). Of particular emphasis are the stations of Neptune and Chiron so close together in time.:
- May 23, 2009: Jupiter exactly conjunct Chiron, 26 Aquarius 12. Neptune 26 Aquarius 28.
- May 27, 2009: Jupiter exactly conjunct Neptune, 26 Aquarius 29. Chiron 26 Aquarius 14.
- May 29, 2009: Neptune stationary retrograde 26 Aquarius 29. Jupiter 26 Aquarius 33, Chiron 26 Aquarius 14.
- May 30, 2009: Chiron stationary retrograde 26 Aquarius 14. Jupiter 26 Aquarius 37, Neptune 26 Aquarius 29.
- June 15, 2009: Jupiter stationary retrograde 27 Aquarius 01. Chiron 26 Aquarius 06, Neptune 26 Aquarius 24.
- July 10, 2009: Jupiter exactly conjunct Neptune, 26 Aquarius 02. Chiron 25 Aquarius 25.
- July 22, 2009: Jupiter exactly conjunct Chiron, 24 Aquarius 55. Neptune 25 Aquarius 46.
We may want to throw another body into the mix in May, just for added spice.
Minor planet #55, Pandora, will range from 26 Aquarius 02 on May 23 to 26 Aquarius 42 on May 26.
Pandora is one of the larger asteroids, and quite bright.
Kim Falconer writes:
“Pandora is about going where we ‘shouldn’t’ (according to some.)”
Mark Andrew Holmes writes:
“The asteroid Pandora represents the principle of impact . It impels to curiosity, restlessness, turbulence, adventurousness, a desire to make a difference or a splash, the urge to “be all one can be,” unintended consequences and a process of change, and often indicates many abilities.”
Dr. Lee Lehman writes that Pandora “stirs things up”. There is an urge towards some action where the impetus is, “I wonder what would happen if I…..?” The action, when taken, leads to a multitude of new paths, new ideas.
And just for fun, there’s the asteroid 1923 Osiris, which will connect with the above planets in June, ranging from 26 Aquarius 06 on June 3 to 27 Aquarius 02 on June 11.
Mark Andrew Holmes writes:
“Osiris seems to have to do with sensitivity; metrosexuality, effeminateness or males otherwise displaying behavior traditionally associated with females; “getting torn apart” (literally or figuratively), amputation or dismemberment, scarred.”
If you know the mythology, Osiris was ripped to pieces, but was reborn.